Sunday, November 22, 2009

Class Schedules

I just recently pick out all of my classes for the Spring 2010 semester. It was a really hard decision to decide which classes to take and also how many hours to take. It was also extremely difficult because I feel like getting into classes at Trinity is not as easy as it should be for the amount we are paying to go to school here.
I decided to take 15 hours, the "standard amount of hours". It is important for me, since I want to go abroad, to make sure all of my semesters at Trinity I am taking enough hours. The classes I am taking are: Management of Organizations, Photography throughout Modern Art, Medieval Art, Photography, and Modern Europe. I think that all of these classes will help me with my mjaor, Art History. Although they are not all Art History classes, the ones that aren't will still help me with expanding my knowledge of Modern and Contemporary Art, especially Modern Europe and Photography. I am really excited about my class schedule next semester. It is probably my best schedule yet. I also got lucky because I have no class on Friday, and thus, have a three day weekend!
My main problem with registering at Trinity is that underclassmen rarely get the classes they want at the times they want. Although I understand we have small classes to develop Student-Teacher relationships, I still feel that if a student wants to get into a class they should either be admitted or immediately allowed in second semester, or the next semester the class if offered. For paying around 55,000 dollars a year, I think that we should be able to take the classes we want to take to further or education.

No comments:

Post a Comment